Monday, October 25, 2010

A Blog is Born

First off... hello.

Okay, so basically, I'm sick and tired of sitting here with the collected writings of almost a decade going ignored... what is the point of writing all of these things if no one is ever going to read them? Okay sure, some of my things have been read before, but there are lots of little things going unread. There are the embarrassing but kind of quirky short stories I wrote early on in high school. Then there's this crazy novel I wrote earlier this year which I really don't see getting published because I don't know if it fits in any kind of genre AT ALL. There's lot of stuff.

And I say I don't want fame or money, but really, what actions have I done to prove that? Nothing but jealously clinging onto what I do have, when here is the internet, a perfectly legitimate platform for self-publication. I might not want fame, but I do want fans.

Okay, so. I'm going to post things up here. Poems, short stories, and I think I might even periodically release chapters of my crazy novel about things that didn't really happen to me in university. Sorry, no plays up here - I'll soon be registered at www.playmarket.org.nz so I'm not actually going to post my plays up here, am I? And really, I'm only going to publish the things on here which I consider as unpublishable anywhere else. So don't expect to see my 8-part fantasy series or my 3-part children's series on here, sorry!

So, plagiarisers. Be smart. People are going to see my blog and see the date I published these works, and if you write something similar (or exactly the same) at a later date people are going to know. That counts for school kids too. You might think you're clever if you copy one of my stories and hand it into your teacher, but your teacher has Google too, you know? So be smart, and shove off.

That's enough introduction from me. What shall I post up here today, I wonder? Okay. To start with, I'll put up a little bit from the first part of True Tales from University. (see next post)

No comments:

Post a Comment